This moment !!

 


Pic Courtesy: Google Images

I sat next to my toddler 

Drawing alphabets and singing 

We jumped together and did some butt-dance 

Alarms of work stopped ringing 


Setting aside the chaos of the chores

Unwinding and relaxing, forgetting the clock  

Where was all this joy hidden ??

From inside I heard a little knock knock 


A routine, the  checklists, and to-dos

Chasing targets in the corporate drama 

The path is endless, not sure how long to run 

I stand and stare, my child and her charisma 


It seemed yesterday when I held her for the first time 

Like a time-lapse, she will soon be fully grown 

Treasuring these sweet moments with my girl 

Before she flies for her dreams, to the new world unknown 



The time to play  is now 

The moment to treasure with her is this 

Her blabber, her endless stories, our playtime 

Thinking of what may come next, this precious phase  I don’t want to miss 





Comments