The Quote Challenge Day 3 of 3


Source
I have been away from writing for more than a week. I haven't  written a single line from a while. I had been in hustle-bustle, working towards getting my work permit . Finally, I received it on this Wednesday.The longggggggg wait is over. Yes, I wanted to emphasize the length of the wait: -P.  I was always known as the busy bee among my friends or family.In fact, I would like to be the one.But, after my husband came to the  US from his company I had no choice but to resign my job at one of the IT giant, where I began my career as a Software engineer. Since my visa type would allow me to work we didn't deny the offer . Yes, my husband knew my career aspirations and he was completely aware that I am not a person to sit idle without a job. All looked smooth, nice and easy until I arrived and applied for my work permit. The hard time began later. For reason not aware, my case took a real long time to get approved. In place where I was supposed to get it around 3-4 months, from the date I applied it took more than twice the time to process. Ask me about immigration questions today, I can guide anyone in and out. So much research had to be done and left no option undiscovered- *wink*

Blogging, Travel and photography are what kept me alive I can say. So many places to visit, so many lessons from which I learnt to be  my better self amidst my core frustration of not having a job.I yelled and cried almost everyday.Today, I finally hold the work permit and I am all eager to grab a job.All my day goes in applying for a job or preparing for an interview. When I hit my bed dog tired, my mobile beeps with the posts my fellow bloggers publish. I can just not resist reading them, any time of the day. I read them while I travel or during a break I take from my preparations. But, I have to admit that I am really not able to write one. I am not able to think beyond my present circumstance. Maybe when I get what I want after this long time I am stuck to it and not able to think anything beyond.Having begun as a passionate blogger, I miss writing very deeply. I am not taking a break here, but slowing down. I hate the feeling of staying away from my blog or not regularly reading posts from my wonderful friends. But, for now my job search has gained a priority.But I promise to keep visiting whenever possible.


Enough explained and confessed, here I share the third quote in the Quote challenge. This quote is what kept my endurance intact(at least most of the times) in my recent days.It makes me stronger every time I read these lines.It is simply the  apt one  to keep me boosted when I drain of zeal or confidence, drowning in self-doubt.


Turn your wounds into Wisdom



So now you know it is not how highly placed your birth is but, what you decide to make of your life.

 If you sit down and wallow in self  pity you would amount to nothing and life would move on without you. 
Remember, it is not over until you say so… 

Oprah Winfrey.

Oprah is one of the most inspirational and a powerful woman of the century.She is a hero from zero. A woman power, actress, producer, and philanthropist. Her life history right from the time she was born -is a series of agony.She experienced considerable hardship during her childhood, saying she was raped at age nine and became pregnant at 14; her son died in infancy and the list goes on. But she did not give up. She found her way out of her difficulties and emerged as a successful lady. So much to say about Oprah and her achievements, a single post is just not enough.Without reinventing the wheel, I share what is available on the Internet.

Gifting you all, the  confidence nugget from the Lady power. To Inspire.To Motivate. To live a life full of wisdom and power.Not the one with pain and wounds.



Dee Dee , Thanks for nominating me for the Quote Challenge.

As a part of the challenge, I am supposed to nominate 3 bloggers to take this up.But, I would like to keep this open to the readers. If you also love quotes just like me and other friends who have taken part in this, then I am waiting to read your collection.

This is what the 3-Day Quote Challenge is all about.

1. Post one of your favorite quotes (different quote on each day) on three consecutive days. The quote can be from your favorite book, author, or your own.
2. Nominate 3 bloggers to challenge them.
3. Thank the blogger, who nominated you

Cheers Everyone!!  Happy Weekend !!:)

You can read the Day 1 quote here and Day 2 here.




Comments

  1. nice post Rashmi :-) loved it... I love Oprah quotes...
    and hope to see your pen move quickly and more often :-) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your wishes Archana:) I wish it moves too!

      Delete
  2. All the very best for your work.. Hope you find the right work real soon.. and the dilemma that you are facing, I've been through it.. It's miserable when you are without work.. I hope you find it soon..
    The quote is lovely and so is Oprah!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a ton Geets:) Oh it's very miserable . Glad the good times are coming

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oprah is someone whom I immensely admire. Beautiful quote this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A word with me! Thanks for dropping by:)