X:Xenophobic #A-Z Challenge 2016

"Human Emotions and Qualities" is my theme for A-Z Blogging challenge 2016

                                                                    =====****====


Google Images


Xenophobic is a word I have learnt to write for this post. Since I am writing about human feelings and emotions, looking of it's kind beginning with 'X', frankly, I did not have a clue until I googled for it.
 
Xenophobic means afraid or fearful of the strangers or unknown or foreigners.
 
I was quite Xenophobic when I travelled to US alone. This one being my first international trip there were certain fears and adjustments just like anyone had to go through. Right from catching upon the accent ( yes I had to request them to repeat what they said as it was not easy to get it on the first go), food, people, culture, work atmosphere and what not- was no cake walk. 'Pardon', 'come again' were used quite commonly used by me.
 
What with everyone talking their own version of English!
 
I would not say I was exactly afraid to talk to strangers, but in a new place like New York were one finds people from every piece of the world, it takes time to get used to the city itself. It just needed some time to look at the beauty of the city with a open mind, fearless eyes and get used to it slowly. Exploring new places right from knowing where to pick groceries, how credit card works here, road lane discipline, talking to cross cultural neighbors, making new friends, finding the best international pack to make calls to India..Uffff...the list seems to have no end.
 
 I laugh at myself today, when I can walk on streets of the city midnight confidently all alone, smile at the strangers, exchange hellos and have been independently do things on my own. So, I am no more Xenophobic I can say.
 
Have you also felt xenophobic when you travelled to a new city or country? Share your experiences here.
 
                                                          ^^^==^^^^

 
 
 











 

Comments